WHAT IS THE mSTUDY?
The mSTUDY (Men Who Have Sex with Men and Substance Use Cohort at UCLA Linking Infections, Noting Effects) is a study on sexual health among Latino and Black/African-American people assigned male at birth who have sex with males. Data collected during this study will help us learn more about and improve on prevention and treatment of HIV and other STIs.
- Any Black/African-American or Latino person assigned male at birth who has had sex with a male
- Ages 18 – 45
- Any HIV status (positive, negative, or unknown)
- Any history of substance use
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Up to $90 per visit
- Free and confidential STI testing
- Follow-up visits with STI testing every 6 months for the duration of the study
- HIV risk-reduction counseling, testing, and referrals for care (if needed)
- Free referrals to treatment for substance users (if desired)